Friday, March 25, 2011

Prayer!

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Philippians 4:6

So this past week has been crazy. I ended up not going to church last Sabbath even though I had every intention of going. This week I've been sick and nervous about going to the Dr to get tests and results done to see what is going on with the chest pain and shortness of breathe I've been having. I've been asking all of my friends to pray for me because I was so anxious and had been feeling so sick. I finally went and after hours of testing all the tests came out negative. So instead of praising God for helping me. I began to question him and be filled with doubt because it seems that all my symptoms are getting worse and no Dr can find whats wrong with me. It's a very scary thing for me. Then tonight I went to fusion. And it made me realize something, that everyone is praying for me but I wasn't praying myself. I mean Jesus is the Doctor of all doctors. He's my healer. The answer to my prayers (had I prayed) was the most obvious. So this week i'm going to devote myself to prayer for the Lord to do his well with not only my physical health but with my spiritual health too. What about you my dear readers (all 4 of you) what blessing, miracles, answers are you missing out on because you aren't praying to God? I leave you with the words of this hymn they sang tonight.

What a friend we have in Jesus,
all our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry
everything to God in prayer!
O what peace we often forfeit,
O what needless pain we bear,
all because we do not carry
everything to God in prayer.


Have we trials and temptations?
Is there trouble anywhere?
We should never be discouraged;
take it to the Lord in prayer.
Can we find a friend so faithful
who will all our sorrows share?
Jesus knows our every weakness;
take it to the Lord in prayer.


Are we weak and heavy laden,
cumbered with a load of care?
Precious Savior, still our refuge;
take it to the Lord in prayer.
Do thy friends despise, forsake thee?
Take it to the Lord in prayer!
In his arms he'll take and shield thee;
thou wilt find a solace there.


No comments:

Post a Comment